Family Cookbook Project

OK, so I decided a couple of years ago to publish a family cookbook with my family's favorite recipes and some of those passed down through the years. I thought it would be a relatively simple thing to do. Not so!! Everybody has their own favorite gumbo recipe. (We're from the Gulf Coast.  EVERYBODY on the Gulf Coast has a favorite gumbo recipe -- and they're all different!)

I've been collecting recipes for a few years now. It took a while to balance out the chapters. I had lots of dessert recipes, but very few sides. I had tons of soups and casseroles and pasta dishes, but no simple proteins. So off I went hunting down recipes, trying recipes out that I found online, and modifying recipes to suit my own tastes.

Then came time for the formatting. Oh, my! I'm a whiz with Microsoft Word, but this thing's a real bear! I had hoped to give these things as Christmas presents two years ago. Looks like I might get them out by Christmas 2020. We'll see...

But in the coming weeks, I'll be posting recipes from the current draft. We'll start with the all-time favorites and the super simple but tasty and satisfying ones that make short winter days easier. Be on the lookout for our holiday favorites in a few days.

Comments

Popular Posts